Eureka! 2018: All-Time 2nd Highest Attendance
From June 8 to June 10, nearly 106 000 visitors attended the 12th edition of Quebec’s biggest celebration of science, an increase of 6 % over 2017.
This year, under the fascinating theme of robotics and artificial intelligence, the big celebration of science attracted even more fans, young and old, with its renewed programming of interactive activities. The 2018 edition of the Festival shone a spotlight on scientific entrepreneurship. A true source of inspiration, the Eureka! Festival has maintained its status as an event that is not to be missed.
"After twelve years of promoting science, we are able to say that Eureka! has won over a loyal public who have adopted it over time", says Yves Mauffette, the president of L’île du savoir.
"This great celebration of science has become a must for everyone with a desire to exercise their curiosity. The twelfth edition has been a tremendous success, the culmination of the Festival’s years of work and maturation. We are well on our way to becoming one of the biggest science festivals in North America ", says Richard Deschamps, Vice-President of L’île du savoir.
"You would have to be a robot not to celebrate the tremendous success of the 12th Eureka! Festival. Congratulations to the teams involved for delivering an event the way we like it at the Science Centre: interactive, fun and educational! A special thanks to the volunteers: your involvement is greatly appreciated. Now let's see if we can do even better in 2019!", added Isabel Dansereau, Executive Director of the Old Port of Montréal Corporation.
A Few Numbers
- 105 660 visitors including nearly 4 300 school children
- 3 days of free interactive activities
- More than 50 activities on the theme of robotics
- 52 collaborators, including 25 Montréal organizations and start-ups
- 31 lectures and shows presented by major science researchers
- 700 spectators cheering the return of the Génial! evening show, in partnership with Télé-Québec
- 26 hands-on creativity and experimentation workshops
- 5 thematic zones: the Rio Tinto Ingenuity Zone, the Desjardins Nature Zone, the Human Zone presented by the Fonds de recherche du Québec, the Air and Space Zone, and the Techno Zone
- More than 80 volunteers