Eurêka! School Tour
2021 : A REDEFINED AND PHYSICALLY-DISTANCED EDITION!
Since field trips will likely be impossible this year and students will be deprived of fun and educational outings, Eurêka! is proposing to bring a streamlined version of the Festival to schools! From October 19th to November 19th 2021, a free and festive scientific program will be offered to a dozen schools in the Greater Montreal region (priority will be given to schools in disadvantaged neighbourhoods). *Presentations in French only*
Initially scheduled to visit 10 Montreal-area schools in the spring, the Eurêka! Festival school tour has been posponed due to ongoing health situation. Aimed at 2nd and 3rd cycle elementary students, the tour has been rescheduled for the fall (tentative dates: October 19 to Novembre 19, 2021). Schools selected for the spring tour will be contacted on a priority basis at the start of the 2021-2022 school year.
Here’s what we’re proposing for 2021
A mini-Eurêka! adapted to public health measures (respecting class bubbles) in your school’s gymnasium. On the menu: 90 minutes of activities, demos and shows in STEM (science, technology, engineering & math), including a component aimed at initiating kids to topics related to digital skills.
BOOKING IS NOW CLOSED, SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
90 minutes, up to 3 times per day
2nd and 3rd cycle primary
All of the activities are FREE
Public health guidelines for the education sector will be fully respected, based on the prevailing alert level in Montreal.
– Hands-off interactive activities, no contact
– Limited number of presenters
– Duly respected rules for physical distancing (class bubbles, presenters, etc…)
– Face coverings mandatory for participating students and presenters
– Disinfection of surfaces frequently touched by the presenters
Other important information
Since we will not be able to visit all schools this year, please ensure that your school meets the following eligibility criteria :
– Your school is located in a disadvantaged neighbourhood
– The gymnasium is large (30’ x 70’ minimum) and free for the entire day : the ceiling height is 15′ and over.
– Access to a 10′ x 12′ screen (or let us know if this is not available)
– Approximately 12 classes from cycles 2 and 3 will be permitted to take part in the event, in rotations.
The first 10 eligible schools to register will be selected on a first come, first served basis. We will contact schools after March Break to confirm registrations.
All practical information will be will be sent to you a few weeks prior to the event. Please note that presentations are given in French only
All practical information will be sent to you a few weeks prior to the event.
WHAT IS EURÊKA! UNDER “NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES”?
AN EXCITING YEAR-END OUTING THAT IMMERSES YOUR STUDENTS IN SCIENCE… WHILE HAVING FUN!
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY!
- Meet practitioners who are passionate about science and technology, discover the equipment they use and ask all kinds of questions
- Take part in shows, workshops, activities and spectacular demonstrations
- Discover the extraordinary vitality of local science and research
- Give boys and girls from all walks of life a taste for STEM fields and careers
- Make the most of this UNIQUE activity
- All this is entirely FREE
OVER 50,000 CAPTIVATED STUDENTS AND TEACHERS TO DATE 🙂
SINCE 2007, THE EURÊKA! FESTIVAL HAS BUILT AN ENVIABLE REPUTATION AMONG EDUCATORS BY OFFERING EXCEPTIONALLY RICH SCIENTIFIC CONTENT WITH AN INTERACTIVE APPROACH AND ENCOURAGING HARD WORK AND PERSEVERANCE.
What teachers say about Eurêka! ?
87 %* of surveyed teachers enjoyed their visit
93 %* were impressed with the richness and diversity of the programming
94 %* are convinced of Eurêka!’s discovery and learning benefits
93 %* came to Eurêka! more than once with their class
*Excerpt of survey carried out for the Eurêka! Festival by YMS in June 2014.
Until the Eurêka! Festival returns to its usual format (presumably in 2022), we’d like to give you a taste of what was on the menu for the 2020 edition under the theme: WATER IN ALL ITS STATES! It has been temporarily shelved for the time being.
Need more information?
Contact us: email@example.com
EURÊKA! 2019 : ONE EDITION, TWO CONTESTS!
*SCIENCE GOES TO SCHOOL! 2019 CONTEST
Here are our winners!
- École Iona – Fonds Société et culture
- École Notre-Dame-des-Victoires – Fonds Santé
- École Terre-des-Jeunes – Fonds Nature et technologies
They all win a 1 000$ grant to fund science activities at school!
*REM: JUST IMAGINE
Our Winners :
- École Iona – 1 000$ Grant
- École Terre-des-Jeunes – 2 000$ Grant
To fund scientific activities at school!
Discover all these amazing projects here